Since now you must be mastered at cooking rice pilaf, we can now also cook bulgur pilaf. Because at some point everybody needs some changes right 🙂 Bulgur pilaf is a very easy to make recipe, it’s as delicious as rice pilaf and it’s more healthy choice because it contains less carbs. Just try it and you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
1) Heat your 50 gr. (2 oz) butter in your dutch oven or a medium pot.
2) Add your 1 cup coarse bulgur and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
3) Dissolve your 1 chicken bouillon cube in your 2 cup hot water.
4) Add your hot water to the pot. The trick in here is the water should be approximately 2 fingers higher than the rice. If you will watch for it, your pilaf won’t be raw or mushy. The bouillon has some salt in it but if you need more salt to your palate, add in this point.
5) Stir 2 or 3 turns, cover a lid to your pot and cook your pilaf at low heat until the water evaporates and it will be al dente.
6) Turn the heat off, place a napkin on your pot, cover the lid and rest your pilaf for 20 minutes.
Bulgur Pilaf is a very good side dish which can be served with almost any meal.
Appliances used & approved by chef in this recipe