It’s a salad! It’s an appetizer! It’s a whole meal! It’s everything you can expect from bulgur!
Just try this simple recipe and you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
– 4 cups fine bulgur
– 4 cups hot water
– 1 full tbsp. pepper paste
– 1 tbsp. tomato paste
– 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup parsley
– 1/2 cup green onions
– 1/2 cup fresh mints
– 8-9 leaves lettuce
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
– 1 fresh lemon juice
– 1/3 cup pomegranate sour sauce
– 1/3 cup olive oil
1. Wash and strain your bulgur.
2. Take your bulgur in a large bowl. Add your 1 full tbsp. of pepper paste, stir very well until all combined. Then add your 1 tbsp. of tomato paste and again stir very well until combined.
3. Add 4 cups of hot water to your bulgur, cover a lid and wait about 20 minutes until bulgur drains the water and softens.
4. Finely chop your 1/2 cup parsley, 1/2 cup green onions,1/2 cup fresh mints and 8-9 leaves lettuce while waiting for your bulgur.
5. After your bulgur is ready, add your finely chopped 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, finely chopped green vegetables,
1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, 1 fresh lemon juice, 1/3 cup pomegranate sour sauce, 1/3 cup olive oil and stir it very well until the mixture is combined.
Keep your bulgur salad in your refrigerator. Serve it cold. You can garnish it with some pickles, cucumbers or tomatoes.
Appliances used & approved by chef in this recipe