I’m pretty sure you heard famous Turkish doner at some point. And if you did, you know how delicious they are. Normally they are made by wrapping in a skewer with very big amounts and cooked as rolling near the fire but today we are going to make them in the comfort of our home as serving sizes. I know you know, you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
– 400 gr. (14 oz.) chicken breast
– 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste
– 1/2 tbsp. pepper paste
– 1 full tbsp. yogurt
– 4-5 tbsp. vegetable oil
– 2 tsp. garlic powder
– 2 tsp. thyme
– 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
– 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1) Take your chicken breast in a cutting board. First of all dice them and then cut very thin lines from your chicken.
2) Add 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste, 1/2 tbsp. pepper paste, 1 full tbsp. yogurt, 4-5 tbsp. vegetable oil, salt, 2 tsp. garlic powder in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
3) Add 2 tsp. thyme, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper, 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin to the bowl and stir well.
4) Put your chicken breasts in the mixture, mix well until fully covered, put a stretch film on the bowl and let it rest about 2-3 hours in your fridge.
5) Heat your teflon or ceramic pan in a medium heat.
6) Cook your doner until fully fried while stirring occasionally.
You can make sandwiches with your doner or serve with pilaf of fried potatoes.
Appliances used and approved by chef in this recipe