I made a literal translation for this dish’s name : ) I don’t know why we named a dish as joy on a boat but I assure you it’s very delicious. Please don’t say just another eggplant recipe. Just try it and you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
– 400 gr. (14 oz.) chicken breasts, diced
– 1 green chili pepper, diced
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 2 medium tomatoes, diced
– 1 tbsp. tomato paste
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 tbsp. butter
– 4 tbsp. water
– Black pepper
– Ground cumin
– Ground red pepper
1) Wash your 4 eggplants and roast them until soft and cooked on your stove or oven.
2) Heat your 2 tbsp. olive oil in a pan. Add your 400 gr. (14 oz.) diced chicken breasts and sauté it until it releases its water and water evaporates.
3) Add your 1 tbsp. of butter, 1 diced green chili pepper, 1 diced medium onion to your pan and sauté a little more. Then add your 1 tbsp. tomato paste, 2 medium diced tomatoes and continue to sauté some more.
4) Add 4 tbsp. of water, salt, black pepper, ground cumin, ground red pepper to your pan, cover your pan with a lid and cook your chicken at low heat for about 30 minutes.
5) Take your roasted eggplants in a baking pan. Make a cut at the middle of the eggplants lengthwise and separate the sides. Season them with some salt.
6) Heat your oven to 200°C (392°F)
7) Share your chicken sauté into your eggplants and cover the top with kashkaval cheese.
8) Boil your 1 tbsp. tomato paste, 1 cup water, salt and pour along your baking pan.
9) Bake it until the kashkaval cheese fries.
Appliances used and approved by chef in this recipe