Kibbeh is also known as an Arab dish but we cook it very often in Turkish cuisine as if it’s our own. Although it’s not a very hard dish, it will take some of your time. Just try it and you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
Please note that you need to keep your filling in the refrigerator until the oil in it gets hard. Otherwise it can be very hard to form your stuffed balls.
1. Heat your 3 tbsp. olive oil in a pan and saute until tender.
2. Add your 1 tbsp. pepper paste and stir about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add your 300 gr. (0,67 lb.) ground beef, black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, stir until combined and cook it about 30 minutes at low heat while stirring occasionally.
4. Take it from the heat, stir your 1/2 cup parsley in it and put it in your refrigerator until the filling gets hard.
1. Stir your 1 cup fine bulgur and 1 cup semolina in a small bowl. Cover it with hot water, put a towel on your bowl and wait about half and hour until your mixture gets soft. Wait until your mixture gets cold.
2. Add your cooled mixture, 1 medium egg, 1 tbsp. pepper paste and salt to your stand mixer. Stir it with your dough hook. The dough should be as thick as an earlobe and not sticky. If too hard, add some hot water in it.
1. Take your filling from the refrigerator.
2. Take egg sized pieces from your dough to your hand. Roll it. Push in the center with your finger and form a small bowl. (Please see below video for the picture.)
3. Take 1 full tbsp. of your filling. Put it in your dough, close the sides and your it as a circle.
4. Prepare all “icli kofte” like this and lign in a floured tray.
5. Boil a pot of water, add some salt in it and boil your “icli kofte” for about 20 minutes.
Don’t forget to squeze some lemon on your “icli kofte” before eating : ) You can also put them in the freezer before boiling to boil and enjoy whenever you want. It will be good in the freezer for about 6 months. Just defrost them very well before boiling.
Appliances used & approved by chef in this recipe