I refused to translate “pide” in english format because I think everbody should call “pide” to a pide because it’s so authentic. It’s like a mixture of “lahmacun” and pizza. And I met some people who is saying that it’s more delicious than pizza. Also you will see that it’s not very hard to make that dish. I’m saying, you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
For the topping:
– 200 gr. (7 oz.) ground beef
– 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
– 2 onions, finely chopped
– 1-2 green chili peppers, finely chopped
– 1 tsp. salt
– Black pepper
– Ground red pepper
Add your 2 cups of flour and 1 full tsp. instant yeast to a large container. Make a gap in the middle of your container by pushing your flour and yeast mixture to the sides. Pour your 3/4 cup warm water in this gap. Add your 2 pinch sugar, 1 tsp. salt on the water and start kneading. The consistensy of the dough should be a little sticky so don’t knead too much. (as you can see in below video) Add some more flour while kneading if you need. Cover your dough with a moist towel and let it leaven for one hour. Your dough will be twice as big after one hour.
You can also make your dough in your stand mixer with a dough hook.
Start preparing your topping while waiting for the dough to be leaven. Add your, peeled and diced tomatoes, finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chili peppers, 1 tsp. salt, black pepper, ground red pepper and cumin to your 200 gr. (7 oz.) ground pepper and stir until combined very well.
1) Pour some flour on your surface.
2) Take your leaven dough and knead it very well. Divide in 8 equal pieces. Pour some flour on them, cover with a towel and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
3) Pour some flour on your baking tray.
4) Roll all the dough pieces with your rolling piece in a long oval shape. Align them in your floured baking tray.
5) Share your ground meat topping to the doughs and top it with your grated kashkaval cheese. Fold the long two sides inward and shape it like a boat. (as you can see in the video) Cover your baking tray with a towel and let it rest for 15 minutes.
6) Heat your oven to 200 °C (392 °F) while waiting.
7) Put your baking tray into the bottom shelf of your oven and bake your “pide” until the meat cooks and the sides turn golden brown.
8) Take your “pide” from the oven. Butter the sides. Cover the top with another tray and rest for 5 minutes.
Cut them as you like and you are ready to serve : )
Appliances used & approved by chef in this recipe