Red Lentil Soup is one of my favorite soup. Try this easy, delicious and fulfilling recipe and you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
– 1 cup red lentil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 tbsp. butter
– 1 potato, finely chopped
– 1 carrot, finely chopped
– 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste
– 4 cup water (1 liter)
– 1 tsp. black pepper
– 1 tsp. ground red pepper
– 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1) Heat 2 tbsp. butter on your medium pot, add your one chopped onion and saute until tender.
2) Add 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste to the onions and saute a little more
3) Add 1 cup of red lentil, 1 chopped potato, 1 chopped carrot to your pot. Pour 4 cups of water on, cover a lid on your pot and cook your soup until the vegetables soften 30-40 minutes.
4) When the soup is cooked, turn off your heat and stir your soup with your hand blender until it gets very smooth.
5) Add your 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. ground red pepper, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, salt and stir until combined. At this point you can add some more water (about 1/2 – 1 cup) of water if you want the consistency of your soup thinner.
6) Make your butter sauce in another sauce pan and pour onto your soup.
Don’t forget to squeeze some lemon while eating your soup because they go very well together : )
Appliances used & approved by chef in this recipe