Please believe me when I say ‘rice meatball’ is really something different. It can be a fried dish but you will see it’s delicate, light and very delicious. Also it’s going very well with almost everything. You can serve your rice meatball with salad, pasta, mash potatoes, potato fries, or just with the dip you want. Just try it and you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
– 500 gr. (18 oz. / 1.1 lb.) ground beef
– 1 big onion, finely choped
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
– 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
– 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
– 1 tsp. salt
– 4 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
– 5 tbsp. baldo rice
– 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1) Wash your 5 tbsp. baldo rice and boil it in half cup of water.
2) Heat your 3 tbsp. vegetable oil in a pan. Add half of your 500 gr. (18 oz. / 1.1 lb.) ground beef meaning 250 gr. (9 oz.) in the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3) When your ground beef starts to change its colour, add your finely chopped onion and sauté about 10 minutes more.
4) Put your boiled rice and sautéed ground beef in a medium bowl and let it cool for a while.
5) When it’s cooled, add your remaining 250 gr. (9 oz.) uncooked ground beef, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper, 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, 1 tsp. salt, 4 tbsp. finely chopped parsley in the bowl and knead for about 5-6 minutes.
6) Shape your meatballs in palm sizes, cover them with a plastic wrap and let it rest in your fridge for about 30 minutes.
7) Heat some oil to fry your rice meatballs. Dip your meatballs first in breadcrumbs (or flour) and then in eggs. Fry your meatballs in hot oil for about 5-6 minutes until golden.
Appliances used and approved by chef in this recipe