Are you ready to cook this original and delicious turkish food? You can also make your sultan kebab with meat but today we are going to make it with chicken. Just try it, and you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
For the top:
– Kashkaval Cheese, grated
1) Peel your 1 eggplant striped, dice it and fry with a little oil until tender. Strain the oil.
2) Start cooking your chicken filling. Take your 4 diced chicken breasts in a medium saucepan and saute until its colour starts to change and it releases its water while stirring frequently. Add your 1 finely chopped onion and continue to cook until the onions get tender. Add your 2 tbsp. tomato paste, stir until combined, cover with a lid your saucepan and cook about 4-5 minutes until its water vaporize. Take off the lid, add your 1 jar of garniture, fried eggplant, red pepper flakes, thyme, black pepper, salt and cook 3-4 more minutes while stirring frequently. Your chicken should be cooked by now.
3) Start making your bechamel sauce. (You can also buy it from store) Melt your butter and saute your flour until it loses its scent. Add 1 or 2 tbsp. from your milk to your flour and stir constantly to get a smooth texture. This step will prevent your bechamel sauce to be lumpy. Add the rest of your milk and cook your sauce until it thickens while stirring constantly. Take your sauce from the heat and add your salt.
4) Heat your oven to 190 °C (374 °F)
5) Cut each of your pastry leaves into four equal pieces.
6) Take 1 quarter of your pastry leave, place it in a soup bowl as the sides will be outside. Trim the sides a little bit (just a little bit not all of it) and put also these pieces into your bowl. (you can see it in below video)
7) Fill your bowl with your chicken filling and cover the top of the filling with the sides hanging from the bowl. (you can see in below video)
8) Prepare all your pastry leaves in the same way and align them in an oiled baking tray.
9) Share your bechamel sauce on your sultan kebabs.
10) Put your baking tray in the oven and bake your sultan kebab until the pastry leaves fry and gets pinky.
11) Open the cover of your oven and pour your grated kashkaval cheese on every sultan kebab.
12) Bake until the cheese melts and fries a little bit.
Your meal is ready!
Not: You can get creative with your chicken filling. For example if you like mushrooms, it will also suit very well.
Appliances used & approved by chef in this recipe