“Revani” is a typical turkish desert with syrup which has been probably cooked in every turkish kitchen and anyone can answer right if you will ask its recipe. It’s very easy to make and you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
For the cake:
– 4 medium egg
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup plain yogurt
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 1 cup semolina
– 2 packages baking powder
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1) First of all, prepare your syrup. Add your 3 1/2 cups of sugar, 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan and boil. Add your 1/4 lemon juice after 2-3 minutes after boiling. Continue to boil about 10 minutes and take it from the heat and let it cool.
2) Heat your oven to 180°C (356°F)
3) Mix your 4 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in your stand mixer until it changes its colour and the consistency turns creamy.
4) Add 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup vegetable oil and continue to mix for about 5 minutes.
5) Add 1 cup semolina, 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 2 packages baking powder in that order and mix until combined.
6) Butter your glass square baking dish completely and pour your cake mix in it.
7) Bake about 30 minutes until the top fries.
8) Pour your syrup. Please note that it’s very important that the syrup should be cold and the cake should be hot at this point. Otherwise your cake won’t absorb the syrup.
9) You can garnish your sweet semolina cake with syrup with coconut flakes and grated pistachios.
Appliances used & approved by chef in this recipe