Today I will introduce you to one of the most delicious sweet bread of the world. I don’t know if you ever use tahini at your dishes but make sure it enhance every recipe you use it for. We almost can find sweet tahini flat breads in every bakery in Turkey but as always you know it’s more fun and healthy to do it at home. Get ready. Just try it and you will love love love!
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
– 1 cup (200 ml.) water
– 1 cup (200 ml.) whole fat milk
– 1/2 cup (100 ml.) vegetable oil
– 2 egg (separate one egg yolk for later)
– 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
– 3 tsp. salt
– 1 pack instant yeast
– 6-7 cup (840 – 980 gr. / 30 – 35 oz.) all purpose flour
1) Put 5 cups (700 gr. / 25 oz.) of all purpose flour in a large container. Add your 1 pack instant yeast, stir and make a hole in the middle.
2) Add 1 cup (200 ml.) warm water, 1 cup (200 ml.) whole fat milk, 1/2 cup (100 ml.) vegetable oil, 1 whole egg, 1 egg white, 3 tbsp. granulated sugar, 3 tsp. salt and start to stir ingredients. Knead your dough until you get a soft sticky consistency. Add more flour if necessary. Please note that your dough should not be a hard consistency.
You can also make your dough in your stand mixer with a dough hook or in your bread machine if you have one.
3) Knead 5 minutes your dough when it is at right consistency, put a plastic wrap on your container and wait for about 1 hour until your dough rises.
4) Take your leavened dough on a floury surface. Roll it gently and cut them in equal pieces. (You can make 150 gr. / 1 cup pieces)
5) Roll out every dough pieces with your rolling pin. It shouldn’t be too thin. (you can see at below video.)
6) First spread 2 1/2 tbsp. tahini on every dough piece and then 3 tbsp. granulated sugar on every dough piece. Roll in every single dough and leave it to rest 20 minutes.
7) Heat your oven to 175 °C (347 °F)
8) Put a baking paper to your baking sheet
9) Oil your hands, your surface and your rolls. Take one of your roll and start to stretch it out. You will have long unbreakable rolls if you pay attention. Take your roll in your baking sheet and roll in in a round shape. (you can see at below video.) Repeat this step for all your rolls.
10) Let it rest 15 more minutes in your baking sheet. Spread egg your egg yolk on each dough, pour lots of sesame and bake it for about 30 minutes until golden.
Appliances used & approved by chef in this recipe