Since now you know how to cook pilaf, it’s time to learn to cook “White Bean Stew with Meat” because they are the best couple in Turkish Cuisine. They will be your best meal especially in winter days. Once you’ll it it, you will love love love!
There are several tecniques to cook “White Bean Stew with Meat”. Today we will cook it with pressure cooker since it’s the fastest way. I’ll put a note section to learn the other tecniques.
Ingredients: (you can buy the ingredients directly by clicking on them)
1. Put your white beans to water a night before to let it rest about 12 hours or more. (If you add 1-2 pinches of baking soda to washing water your beans will be more delicious.)
2. Heat your 4 tbsp. of vegetable oil in pressure cooker. Add 1 finely chopped onion and stir it until tender.
3. Add 250 gr. (0,6 lb.) meat to your onion, cook about 3-4 minutes stirring occasionaly.
4. Put your 1 full tbsp. tomato paste, stir a few couple times.
5. Add your 3 cup rested white beans, stir a couple time more.
6. Add your 3 cups of water to pressure cooker.
7. Add your 1 tsp. of salt and wait until it boils.
8. Cover your pressure cooker when it boils. It will take about 15-20 minutes after the cooker starts to whistle.
Serve with rice pilaf and lots of pickles aside : )
* You can pre-boil your white beans and keep them in freezer or you can buy boiled white beans. This way you won’t need a pressure cooker and you can cook your beans in a normal pot (or in a dutch oven as I suggest).
* If you will cook your beans in a pot, pre-cook also your meats than follow above steps. It will take aproxximately 1 hour to cook your meal.
Appliances used & approved by chef in this recipe