Add to Recipe Book
Mahluta soup is one of my favorite soups. When I was only three or four years old, when my mother asked what would you like to eat for the evening, I would answer it as mahluta soup. Of course, we can think that my fondness for Mahluta soup stems from my love for soup and my love for red lentils.
If you ask what mahluta means, the literal meaning of mahluta means lentil soup mixed with bulgur. So we will cook such a special soup that you might think that they even gave the soup their own name. Yes, I think exactly the same. Then are you ready to make this delicious and fulfilling recipe?
Mahluta Soup Recipe
Mahluta Soup – A Delicious Red Lentil and Bulgur Soup
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1 tablespoon of bulgur
- 1 tablespoon of rice
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 glasses of water
For The Liaison:
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- For the Sour Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of mint
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- Thoroughly wash the lentils, bulgur, and rice in a strainer, strain, and put in the pressure cooker. Grate carrots and chop onions.
- Add the salt, add the water, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the liaison ingredients in a bowl. Carefully open your pressure cooker and blend it with the blender to remain lightly grained.
- With a ladle, take some of the soup, put it on the liaison ingredients several times, and whisk and add this mixture to the soup and mix well.
- Optionally, you can boil a little on the stove.
- For the sour sauce, put tomato paste and oil in a small saucepan and heat.
- Add pomegranate syrup and spices and mix.
- Add your sour sauce to your soup and mix it well.
Mahluta Soup Tips & Tricks
– Be careful to gradually add your liason to your soup. Otherwise, your soup will be lumpy.
– If you do not like bulgur, you can use white rice.
– If you do not want to use a pressure cooker, you can cook your soup in a normal pot.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What is Mahluta Soup?
A: Mahluta Soup is a very delicious Turkish soup made with red lentils and white rice.
Q: How to make Mahluta Soup?
A: When you follow the recipe and tips carefully, you will find out that it is very easy to make this dish.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Mahluta Soup recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.