Add to Recipe Book
Cold baklava is a Turkish dessert which became very popular in Turkey in the last three years. The reason why cold baklava has been popular for three years is that its history dates back only three years. Well, do you wonder how cold baklava differs from regular baklava?
The inventor of Cold Baklava is a baklava master from Diyarbakir. While trying to make a light baklava, he finally reaches this recipe. Unlike regular baklava, cold baklava contains milk, chocolate and less sherbet.
Cold Baklava Recipe
Cold Baklava – The New Turkish Trend Cold Baklava Recipe – Soguk Baklava
- 1 pack of phyllo dough 800g
- 150 gr. butter
- 1/2 cup oil
For the sherbet:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 glass of water
- 2 glasses of milk
For the filling:
- 1 bowl of coarsely ground pistachios you can also use hazelnuts or walnuts if you wish
For the top:
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of powdered milk
- Prepare the syrup of your dessert first. For this, take sugar and water in your pot and leave it to boil. 5 minutes after boiling, remove from heat and let cool.
- Then take your butter in a small saucepan or a small saucepan and melt it. While your butter is melting, take the foams formed on it with the help of a spoon.
- After your oil melts, remove it from the heat and add your liquid oil and mix.
- Take your phyllo dough on the counter, place your baking dish on the edge of your dough and cut it around with a knife. You can use a 27cm small round glass tray.
- Then you can use the parts on the edges of the circular dough to place them between them. At this stage, you should keep your doughs between a clean and moist cover so that your phyllo doughs do not dry out.
- Separate your circular doughs evenly for use on top and bottom.
- Take 1 spoonful of your oil mixture on the base of your oven tray and brush it all over with a brush.
- Then place 1 whole dough. Place a few leaves of the pieces on the edges. And drizzle 1 more spoon of oil.
- Place your round dough again. Place a piece of dough on it and pour a spoonful of oil on it.
- In this way, arrange the half of the dough on top of your tray (Place all the dough pieces on the last 2 layers.)
- Then place the filling material for your baklava. You can use coarsely ground pistachios, hazelnuts or walnuts.
- At this stage, leave your oven to heat up to 170 ° C at a setting without fan.
- After placing your peanuts, continue to sort your doughs on top of each other in the same way by pouring oil between them.
- After the dough is placed, cut with a knife if there are parts that protrude from the edge and apply oil.
- Cut your baklava in any size you want.
- Leave your baklava to cook in a 170 ° C oven until the top and bottom is browned well. It may take about 70 minutes. This time varies depending on the oven, so wait for it to cook well without hurrying.
- While your baklava is cooking, add the milk of your sherbet and let it sit by stirring.
- Take your fried baklava from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes for the first heat to come out.
- Pour the sherbet all over the cooled baklava. Let it rest for 1 hour to absorb the sherbet.
- It's time to decorate your baklava. You can get a soft consistency by mixing cocoa with milk powder. Then, with the help of a strainer, cover the baklava with this mixture. Our cold baklava that you rested in the fridge is ready.
- You can serve it by decorating it with powdered peanuts and grated chocolate.
Cold Baklava Tips & Tricks
– We add powdered milk to break the intense taste of cocoa, it may be a little tasteless, but you can use powdered sugar. Alternatively, you can use Nesquik powder or sprinkle a lot of grated chocolate directly on it.
– If you do not want to use ready-made phyllo dough, you can use the recipe for phyllo dough in my baklava recipe.
– Do not make your baklava too thick, as it is a dessert with a little syrup.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What is Cold Baklava?
A: Cold Baklava is a very delicious Turkish dessert. Forget all the baklava recipes you have ever known. This is delicious, light and easy.
Q: How to make Cold Baklava?
A: When you follow the recipe and tips carefully, you will find out that it is very easy to make this dish.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Cold Baklava recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.