Add to Recipe Book
Here I am with a wonderful recipe that you can show off your guests at breakfast or you can serve – eat in any time of the day. You won’t believe how you could create something that delicious with that little ingredients. Just try fried thin dough with ground beef filling and you will love love love!
FRIED THIN DOUGH WITH GROUND BEEF FILLING
For the dough:
- 4 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup warm water
For the ground beef filling:
- 350 gr. 12,35 oz. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/5 cup water
- Take your 4 1/2 cup all purpose flour in a medium container and add your 3 tsp. salt
- Start to add your warm water little by little and knead until your form your dough.
- The tip for making a good dough for “ciborek” is its consistency should be hard.
- Divide your dough in walnut size equal pieces (approximately 20-22 pcs.) cover them with a moist towel and rest your dough for about 30 minutes.
- You can also make your dough in your stand mixer with a dough hook.
The ground beef filling:
- Mix your 350 gr. (12,35 oz.) ground beef, 1/2 grated onion, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. salt and 1/5 cup water together until combined.
- Flour your preparation surface
- Take your dough pieces and roll them into 8 inches diameter circles with your rolling pin.
- Take your circles one by one, spread a thin line of your ground beef filling along the half of your dough. (as you can see in below video)
- Close the other half on another and trim the side with your pastry wheel so your dough stick together.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan and fry your “ciborek”s until they turn gold.
- If you pour from the hot oil with a spoon on your fried thin dough with ground beef filling while frying they will puff up as in the pictures.
You can also serve fried thin dough with ground beef filling as a side dish with any meat or vegetable recipe.