Add to Recipe Book
Let me introduce you to turkish shortbread. Today I’ll give you the classical recipe for the turkish shortbread but you can get very creative with them. You may shape them as whatever you please, you may prepare some jam, nutella, apple fillings, you may dip them in chocolate and you may even make them with dried nuts and fruits. You will see some examples in below video. It’s also very delicious by it self. Just dream, and you will love love love!
- 250 gr. 8,82 oz. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 tsp. vanilla powder
- 3-4 cup all purpose flower
- 1 tsp. baking powder (optional)
- Heat your oven to 180 °C (356 °F)
- Knead your 250 gr. (8,82 oz.) unsalted butter and 1/2 cup vegetable oil together until it will be creamy in a medium container.
- Add your 1 cup powdered sugar and keep kneading.
- Add your 1/2 cup corn starch, 2 tbsp. vanilla powder and knead a little more.
- Start sifting your all purpose flour into your dough by little little. Add your 1 tsp. of baking powder if you like on the flour. Baking powder is not necessary. Your turkish shortbread will be just fine without it.
- Knead your dough until you have a non sticky, well built consistency.
- Cover your baking tray with baking paper.
- Shape your turkish shortbreads as you like and align them to your baking tray.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Your turkish shortbread should stay white.
You can also make your dough in a stand mixer with a dough hook.