Add to Recipe Book
Are you ready for some turkish desserts? This one is very easy. Dry Turkish Switheet is absolutely my favorite dessert. You’ll have a delightful traditional turkish dessert just in 50 minutes and you will love love love!
DRY TURKISH SWITHEET
For the dough:
- 250 gr. 9 oz. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup semolina
- 2 large eggs, 1 egg yolk will be separated for later
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 cup all purpose flour
For the syrup:
- 4 cup sugar
- 4 cup water
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- First of all, prepare your syrup. Add you 4 cups of sugar, 4 cups of water and 1/4 lemon juice in a medium saucepan and boil. Wait about 10 minutes while it's boiling and take it from the heat and let it cool.
- Heat your oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Add all your dough ingredients except flour in a medium bowl. Start adding the flour slowly and knead your dough until you have a soft but not sticky dough. You can also make your dough in a stand mixer with a dough hook.
- Take walnut size of pieces from your dough and shape them ovally. Align them to your buttered baking tray.
- After finishing all your dough spread your separated egg yolk on the doughs generously with your pastry brush.
- Put your tray in your oven and bake your dry turkish switheet until the top gets golden brown (about 30 minutes)
- Align your dry turkish switheets into a glass baking dish.
- Pour your syrup. Please note that it's very important that the syrup should be cold and the dry turkish switheet should be hot at this point. Otherwise your dry turkish switheet won't absorb the syrup.
- Cover the top of your glass baking dish and wait until your dry turkish switheet absorbs the syrup.
You can pour some coconut or pistachio on your Dry Turkish Switheet as garnish.