Add to Recipe Book
It’s vegetable, it’s meat, it’s everthing you can expect from a fullfilling dish. Split Eggplant (Aubergines) With Meat Filling is a very delicious and traditional turkish food recipe that you can find in every turkish table on every time in an week. Try “karniyarik” and you will love love love!
SPLIT EGGPLANT (AUBERGINES) WITH MEAT FILLING
- 6 small size eggplants (aubergines)
- 200 gr. 7 oz. ground beef
- 2 onions
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tomato cutted in circles
- 2 green chili peppers, chopped
- 3 green chili peppers, for the top of your eggplants, cutted in half and cleaned from their seeds
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- Black pepper
- Ground red pepper
- Vegetable oil to fry the eggplants (aubergines)
- Peel the eggplants as striped.
- Rest eggplannts in salted water for about 15 minutes. It will prevent them absorbing the oil while frying.
- Dry your eggplants and fry with a little vegetable oil (2-3 tbsp.) in a pan. Align your fried eggplants in a baking tray.
- Start doing your stuffing in the same pan. First of all, cook your 2 onions until tender while stirring constantly. Add your 200 gr. (7 oz.) ground beef, salt, black pepper, ground red pepper and stir until the ground beef turns brown. Add 2 chopped green chili peppers,1 diced tomato, 1 tsp. garlic powder and stir until combined. Lastly, add 1/2 cup water and boil your stuffing for 5 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 170°C (338°F)
- Make a cut on the middle of your eggplants from top to bottom. Separate the sides and make a room for your stuffing as pressing in the middle.
- Stuff your eggplants with the ground beef filling.
- Put one of your tomato circle and green chili pepper on each eggplant.
- Dissolve your 1 tbsp. of tomato paste in 1 cup hot water. Pour this sauce equally on your baking tray. Don't pour it on the eggplants, pour it between eggplants so your meat filling won't fall apart while baking.
- Bake your Split Eggplant (Aubergine) With Meat Filling for 20-25 minutes.
We usually serve our Split Eggplant (Aubergines) With Meat Filling with pilaf : )