Add to Recipe Book
Orzo is one of my favorite cooking ingredients and orzo salad is one of my secret pleasures. I shared the recipe for orzo pilaf with you before. I hope you tried it and enjoyed it. If your answer is yes, now get ready for a much better recipe.
Orzo salad is one of my savior recipes. You can eat it as a meal when you are too lazy to cook, or you can prepare it as a nice salad to show off your guests. Since orzo is both fulfilling and rich in fiber, it will also go very well with your meat dishes.
Orzo Salad Recipe
Orzo Salad – A Fantastic Turkish Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups barley noodles
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- Half a bunch of dill
- Half a bunch of scallions
- Half a bunch of parsley
- Half a bunch of fresh mint
- 5-6 roasted red peppers
- 1 carrot
- 5 pickled cucumbers
- 1 bowl of corn
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First of all, put the orzo in the pan and fry it with oil until the noodles turn pink.
- Add enough warm water and salt to cover the orzo and mix.
- Close the lid of the pan, cook the orzo like rice over medium heat until the orzo softens and become eye-catching.
- Cover the orzo with a paper towel and leave to rest and cool.
- Then, cut the other ingredients into small pieces and prepare them. Just grate the carrot.
- Pour the cooled orzo into a deep bowl, chop it and add the ingredients you have prepared.
- You can serve as you wish by adding 1 teaspoon of pomegranate syrup, half lemon juice and salt and stirring gently.
Orzo Salad Tips & Tricks
– When preparing the orzo, be sure to roast it well.
– After your rice is cooked, make sure to brew it for at least 15 minutes.
– You can add a little more olive oil while serving your salad.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What is Orzo Salad?
A: Orzo Salad is a very practical Turkish Salad that will enrich your dining tables and flavor your palate.
Q: How to make Orzo Salad?
A: When you follow the recipe and tips carefully, you will find out that it is very easy to make this dish.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Orzo Salad recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.