Add to Recipe Book
Pumpkin dessert is a famous Turkish recipe that you can find in any home. Pumpkin dessert is some kind of candied and caramelized dish. Therefore you can be sure it’s a very delicious dessert if you do cook it right. It may be a little technical, but with the pumpkin dessert recipe I’m going to give, you can be sure you will be successful.
I must admit, I am not very good with fruit. That’s why desserts made of fruit mostly don’t interest me. But don’t worry. That doesn’t mean I don’t have a great pumpkin dessert recipe for you. You can be sure that I will do my best to make you happy with this beautiful recipe because it does not suit me to avoid such a healthy dessert recipe. Just try it, and you will love love love.
Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
PUMPKIN DESSERT RECIPE – TURKISH BALKABAGI TATLISI
- 2 kg. pumpkin
- 3 cups of granulated sugar depends on the type of pumpkin, if it is tasteless, more sugar can be added
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- For pumpkin dessert, thinly slice the pumpkin, peel it and remove the seeds.
- After washing, chop it in 2-3 finger-widths to the desired length.
- Lay the pumpkins in a large and flat pan, sprinkling sugar in between.
- Leave it on for 3-4 hours or overnight with the pot lid closed. There is no need to add water while cooking as the pumpkin will release its juice during this wait.
- Cook the pumpkin that has been left overnight until it boils, over medium heat, and after boiling, on a low heat until it softens. You can check whether it is cooked with a fork once in a while.
- After it cools, take the pumpkin dessert on the serving plate, sprinkle tahini on it, and serve it by spreading crushed walnuts.
- If you wish, you can spread the pumpkin's own sherbet over your dessert. For the pumpkin syrup to thicken, you should cook it with the lid open for a while.
- Likewise, you can get a delightful taste by baking your pumpkin dessert in the oven.
Pumpkin Dessert Tips & Tricks
– When making pumpkin dessert at home, the first thing you should pay attention to achieve a successful result is to lay over your pumpkin in sugar.
– This process causes your pumpkins to release their juice. Thus, you do not need to add water to the pot while cooking the dessert. Your dessert can be cooked easily with the juice of pumpkins. Making the sugar deposit the night before the day you cook the dessert will save you time.
– You can cook your dehydrated pumpkins either in a pot on the stove or in the oven. It will be delicious in any way. However, pumpkin dessert cooked in a pot is lighter in color and has a more juicy consistency. The pumpkin dessert cooked in the oven is dehydrated, the fruits are caramelized, and the color turns brown. You can get the same caramelization effect when you bake your pumpkin for 15 minutes by transferring it to a tray, sprinkling some more granulated sugar on it after cooking it in a pot.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: How to make pumpkin dessert?
A: You can use my recipe above to make a very delicious pumpkin dessert.
Q: Is the pumpkin dessert recipe gluten-free
A: You can be sure that this is a purely vegan gluten-free dessert
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Pumpkin dessert recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.