Add to Recipe Book
Rice Salad is a delicious and satisfying dish. Moreover, you can be sure that the rice salad recipe is one hundred percent gluten-free. In Turkey, some housewives visit each other’s houses, in turn, every fifteen days or month. When they meet, they eat the host’s meals, have conversations and do fun activities. And they don’t call it “gathering”; they call it “a day.”
Some people even call these gatherings “a golden day.” Because every guest takes a quarter gold to the house, they go to. In this way, housewives contribute to the home economy with the gold they save. At these small parties, rice salad is one of the most commonly made dishes besides red lentil balls and Turkish bulgur salad AKA Kisir.
Today I’ll teach you to how to make a rice salad. In this way, you will crown your crowded guest tables with a delicious salad.
Rice Salad Recipe
RICE SALAD RECIPE – TURKISH PIRINC SALATASI
For the pilaf:
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 tablespoons butter - 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups of hot water
For the salad:
- 5 pickles
- 3 roasted red peppers
- Half a bunch of dill
- 2 stalks of green onions
- 1 small jar of vegetable garnish if you can't find canned vegetable garnish, you can cook your garnish by boiling 1/2 cup of peas, 1 carrot and 1 small potato.
- 1 canned boiled corn 1 cup
- 1 lemon
- First, prepare the rice of your rice salad.
- Drain the water of your rice that you have washed well and soaked in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the butter and oil to your pot and heat the oils.
- Take the drained rice into a pot and fry it well. You should roast the rice until it is grained.
- Mix the roasted rice by adding hot water and salt. Close the lid of the pot.
- First of all, cook it on high fire until the rice is soft, then lower the heat.
- Take the cooked pilaf from the stove, cover it with a clean cloth or towel and close the lid. Let your rice cool.
- Chop the pickles, peppers, dill, and spring onions. Squeeze the lemon juice.
- Take the garnish and corns into the strainer and let the water drain well.
- In a deep bowl, take the rice and other ingredients, adjust the salt and mix well.
- Put your rice salad in a suitable mold and press it very lightly with a spoon. Turn it over on your serving plate.
Rice Pilaf Tips & Tricks
– First of all, you can soak your rice in lukewarm water where you sprinkle a pinch of salt so that your rice’s starch is gone and is easier to cook.
– You should roast the rice until it is grained.
– After your rice is cooked, you should cover it with a paper towel and leave it to brew for a while.
– Do not press too much when placing your rice salad in your bowl; then it may be difficult to remove when you turn it upside down, but do not leave it too loose so that it takes a nice shape.
– If you have any rice leftover from the previous day that you cannot consume, you can easily evaluate it.
– If you wish, you can serve your salad as a single portion.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: How to make rice salad?
A: You can find our recipe above.
Q: How to make brown rice salad?
A: You can also prepare this recipe with brown rice
What do you think about that? Have you tried the rice salad recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube to be notified of the recipes as they are published.