Add to Recipe Book
Okey, I’ll be honest with you. This is one of the best meal on earth! It’s one of the most cooked and popular dish in Turkey. It’s rich, it’s creamy, it’s textured, it’s eggplant, it’s meat, it’s everything! Don’t miss any more seconds to take the opportunity to try Sultan’s Delight recipe. Because I know that you will love love love!
For the meat stew:
- 350 gr. 12,35 oz. veal, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 green chili peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 sweet paprika pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 tomatoes grated
- 1 tbsp. pepper paste
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup hot water ( 200 ml. )
For mashed eggplants:
- 1 cup milk ( 200 ml. )
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/2 cup kashkaval cheese, grated
- 2 eggplants
- Heat your dutch oven and start to sauté your 350 gr. diced (12,35 oz.) veal until the meat change its colour, release its water and evaporates.
- Add your 1 tbsp. butter, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 finely chopped onion, 3 green chili peppers, 1 sweet paprika pepper and keep to sauté until your vegetables get soft.
- Add your 3 grated tomatoes, 1 tbsp. pepper paste and stir very well until combined.
- Add your 1 cup (200 ml.) hot water. Bring your stove to a slow heat and cook your meat until it gets soft for about 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on water level while cooking and add more if necessary.
- Add your 2 tsp. thyme, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes and salt when it’s nearly ready and stir a little.
- The consistency of the stew shouldn’t be very watery. Take your stew from the heat when it’s done.
- If you will use fresh eggplants, wash them and roast on your stove until they are completely cooked. Make a cut in the middle and separate the roasted eggplant from the peel. Mash them with your knife. Or you can use instant ones.
- Take a medium saucepan and sauté your 2 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. all purpose flour until the flour starts to change its colour and loose its scent.
- Put a couple tablespoon of your milk to your flour and stir until it gets smooth and then add the rest of your milk and stir quickly to prevent lumps.
- When your béchamel sauce is ready add your 1/2 cup grated kashkaval cheese, roasted eggplants and stir as mashing. Season it with salt when all is mashed and combined.
- Take some of your mashed eggplant in a plate and put some of your meat stew on it. There you go your Sultan’s Delight is ready!