Add to Recipe Book
I have a great dessert recipe for you today. Moreover, making this beautiful dessert is very simple. All you need is four ingredients: milk, sugar, rice and starch. If you have ever tried rice pudding, you will see that your taste will be doubled with Turkish baked rice pudding – Firinda Sutlac with its burnt and caramelized taste. What are you waiting for? Just try it and you will love love love!
TURKISH BAKED RICE PUDDING - FIRINDA SUTLAC
- 1- liter 5 cups/34 oz. milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice
- 3 tablespoons wheat starch
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk to open the starch
- For the baked rice pudding, first boil the rice. After washing the rice well, boil it with 2 glasses of water until it is cooked. It will remain slightly watery.
- Add other ingredients and cook rice pudding. Add the milk and vanilla over the boiled rice and boil. When the mixture starts to boil, add the sugar and 3 tablespoons of wheat starch that you have melted in half a glass of milk. Boil another 10-15 minutes and turn off the heat. Try not to make the rice pudding too thick as you will cook it in the oven again.
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C/356 °F.
- You only need to open the grill part of your oven. If you turn on the lower level or the fan, your rice pudding will be cooked more than it should. As I said before, Turkish baked rice pudding should not be too thick. You can see the consistency in the pictures.
- Share your rice puddings in heat-resistant rice pudding bowls suitable for the oven. In Turkey, baked rice pudding usually made in clay containers. If you have a clay pot in your home, be sure to try them.
- Fill your tray with cold water and place the rice pudding pots on your oven tray. (The water in the tray will come up to half of the rice pudding containers) The reason we put water in our oven tray is again to prevent our rice pudding from overcooking and hardening.
- Place the tray on the top shelf of your oven. Bake your rice pudding until it is golden brown.
When serving, do not forget to decorate it with crushed hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts or peanuts.
You can also watch full steps in below video.
What do you think about that? Have you tried Turkish baked rice pudding recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me from here.