Add to Recipe Book
Lately one of my dear followers warned me about not sharing enough healthy recipes. When I thought about it, I realized that I neglected to share healthy vegetable recipes with you because I am a bit of a pastry and meat person. But don’t worry! There are delicious and healthy vegetable dishes in Turkish cuisine. You may have even heard how famous our olive oil dishes are. In these days when we need to strengthen our immunity, I will be more careful to share healthy recipes with you. First of all, I want to start with the green pea soup with artichokes that my dear follower requested from me. The recipe for green pea soup with artichokes will be very enjoyable especially on summer days and is a filling recipe. In summer, you can get a square meal just by serving it with salad. Just try it and you will love love love!
GREEN PEA SOUP WITH ARTICHOKES - ENGINARLI BEZELYE CORBASI
- 3 cups boiled peas
- 6 bowls of artichokes
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- Half a bunch of dill
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 5 or 6 glasses of water
- Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic.
- Chop the artichokes into cubes and add the juice of half a lemon and mix.
- Take the olive oil and butter in the pan, fry a little with the onion and garlic.
- Add the artichokes and fry a little more.
- Pour 5 cups of hot water over it and cook until soft. You can also use vegetable stock instead of water, provided that you use the same amount of water.
- If the water is insufficient, add a couple more glasses of hot water. Adjust the consistency according to your taste.
- Grind the softened artichoke with a hand blender. Add the boiled peas, add salt and black pepper according to your taste and cook for another five minutes.
- Take off the heat, pour the chopped dill over it and mix.
What do you think about that? Have you tried Artichoke Green Pea Soup recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.