Add to Recipe Book
I have a very easy, delicious and chique dessert recipe for you. Have you ever heard of Turkish famous bread pudding? Wet cushion cake is a very similar version of brad pudding but it’s easier and less time consuming. If you have some short notice guest today, just go to your kitchen and start to make your wet cushion cake. Just try it and you will love love love!
Wet Cushion Cake
For the cake:
- 5 egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 package baking powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
For the syrup:
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. Fresh lemon juice
For the filling:
- 2 package whipping cream
- 1 cup cold milk
- 4 tbsp. Mascarpone cheese
- Both syrup and cake will be cold for this dessert.
- Start by making your syrup.
- Boil your 2 1/2 cup sugar, 2 1/2 cup water for about 5 minutes. Add your 1 tsp. Fresh lemon juice and let your syrup cool down.
- Put your 2 package whipping cream, 1 cup cold milk in a container and whip it with your hand mixer until it is ready. Add your 4 tbsp. Mascarpone cheese and whip a little more. Put your whipping cream to the fridge to cool down.
- Put your oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Add your 5 egg (room temperature), 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp. Vanilla extract in a container and whip it with your hand mixer until it gets creamy.
- Add your 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1 package baking powder to your egg mixture and mix it until it combines.
- Pour your cake butter in a round clamp cake mold and bake your cake for about 25 minutes.
- Take your baked cake from the oven. Cover it with a towel when it starts to warm out and wait until it cools down.
- When your cake gets cold separate it in two pieces from the middle.
- Put bottom piece of your cake into your clamp cake mold.
- Pour the half of your syrup to bottom piece of your cake.
- Spread your whipping cream onto your cake.
- Slice the top piece of your cake into 8 pieces and put them carefully onto your cream mixture. (Slicing the cake before will prevent the cream to be scattered while serving your dessert.)
- Put your wet cushion cake into fridge and rest for about 8 hours.
- You can decorate your wet cushion cake with coconut flakes or grounded pistachio.
What do you think about that? Have you tried wet cushion cake recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me from here.