Add to Recipe Book
Did you ever wonder what is the best quick and easy Italian pizza dough recipe? One of my favorite things to cook in the oven is pizza. A few years back, I purchased a stainless-steel pizza stone and even more fun pizza toppings dice for our pizza parties! This is absolutely the best steel baked pizza that I have ever tasted. It came with a built-in wood glaze, and a heat resistant crust that made taking it straight out of the oven easy. The best part was that it also came with a convenient peel and stick pizza crust recipe that made making it easy, even for non-chef lovers.
So now that it is time to share this pizza dough recipe, I decided to give it a shot as well. I made one batch using traditional yeast and bread flour. The results were delicious! In fact, I think I might start making some of my own best pizza dough recipes now!
First for this quick pizza dough recipe, I added a small quantity of traditional yeast. I used 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast, along with 2 cups of warm water. I stirred this in a large bowl until it dissolved completely. Then, I added a pinch of sugar. I let it rest for about five minutes. After it finished resting, I poured the mixture into a large bowl, covered it with a plastic bag, and set it to rise. During the rise, I made sure not to disturb my bowl. Dough always rises quicker and better in warm places.
Pizza Dough Recipe
This was just an easy pizza dough recipe that I modified slightly, to make it a bit flatter and chewier. By varying the amount of dough and the temperature of the water, I was able to create the thickness that I wanted. To make it even more authentic, I also added a pinch of salt, and I left it to rise again for another five minutes before removing it from the heat.
With this homemade thin crust pizza dough recipe, I was able to create a perfect crust that was delicious. It tasted just like the pizza joints across the country. And, after it was completely baked, it was delicious.
After taking these few simple steps, I decided that I should try to modify it a little bit so that it would be even more authentic. The next thing I did was to add a bit more water to the mix. The water helped to make it springier, and the ingredients made it go from being very sticky to more elastic. It was the right thing to do because at that point, I knew that the pizza dough recipe that I had been using was not the best pizza dough recipe. In fact, it was probably close to junk. I used about the same amounts of both the water and the yeast, but the result was not as good as the one that I was using before.
Italian Pizza Dough Recipe
If you follow just a few simple steps, then you can modify your homemade pizza crust recipe to improve it dramatically. When you use the exact amounts of each ingredient, it will not take very long for it to start working. And, once it has, you will not have to worry about it sticking or getting too soggy in any places. That is the beauty of making your own pizza dough – it is completely yours. Just use the ingredients that you like best and adjust them until you are happy with the results.
Best Pizza Dough Recipe
Best Quick and Easy Italian Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a large bowl add warm water then add yeast and sugar, let sit for 5 minutes, then stir to bring together.
- Add the olive oil, flour, and salt, then blend with a fork until the dough starts to come together. Remove the dough from the bowl on a lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic approximately 10 minutes (if dough is really sticky add a little extra flour).
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a large clean kitchen towel, leave in a warm draft- free place until doubled in bulk, approximately 2 hours.
- Pre heat oven to 450°F. Beat dough down a few times and divide into 3 beads, let dough rest for 20 minutes.
- Place dough in desired pizza or cookie sheets with your clean hands.
- Top with your favorite toppings (without the cheese), bake for approximately 15-20 minutes (until crust is golden) and then top with grated mozzarella cheese and bake for three more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Italian Pizza Dough Recipe Nutrition:
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1048mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 3mg
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Italian Pizza Dough recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.