Add to Recipe Book
Today I will give you one of the best recipes where meat meets french fries. Frying Meat & Kebab (Cokertme Kebabi) is a dish belonging Bodrum region of Turkey. I’m sure that you will be as pleased as I am that Bodrum offered us that delicious meal beside being one of the most beautiful holiday resort in Turkey. I recommend that you run to your kitchens as soon as possible to cook this beautiful dish, which will make your palate a taste explosion with its meat, potatoes, tomato paste sauce and yogurt. Just try it and you will love love love!
MEAT & FRİT KEBAB - COKERTME KEBABI
- 600 grams of lean beef steak chopped in julien
- 5 medium potatoes
To roast the meat:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
To fry the potato:
- Enough oil
For the sauce of the meat:
- Grated 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper, chili pepper, cumin, soudjouk spice (soudjouk spice is obtained by mixing the following spices: cilantro, salt, cumin, hot pepper, sweet pepper, black pepper, ginger, garlic, thyme, allspice. If you do not want to use soudjouk spice or cannot find it, you can add other spices according to your palate or you can use meat spice mixes.)
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of red sweet pepper
For the tomato paste sauce:
- 1 grated tomato or 1 cup of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of butter
For the yogurt sauce:
- 1 soup bowl of plain yogurt
- 2 cloves of grated garlic
- Mix the meat with the sauce ingredients, stretch it and rest for a few hours in the fridge.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them like a match, take them in a strainer and pour water over them. (This way your potatoes will be more crispy.)
- Take it in hot oil and fry. Then, drain the excess oil by placing it on a plate with a napkin.
- Sprinkle salt on it.
- Put the marinated meats in the cooking pot, mix them on low heat and cook until the water is drained.
- Add 1 glass of water and close the lid of the pot and cook in a controlled manner over low heat. (If you are going to cook the meat in a pressure cooker, it will be sufficient to add half a glass of water and cook it for 10 minutes.)
- Add the butter to the pan and fry the meat for a few minutes.
- Mix the yogurt and garlic.
- After roasting the tomato paste and oil lightly, add 1 grated tomato or 1 glass of tomato puree and cook until the sour taste of the tomato disappears.
- Place potatoes, yogurt and meat on the serving plate in turn. Pour the tomato sauce, fry the butter and pulp pepper in a pan and serve.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Coketme Kebabi recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.