Add to Recipe Book
Are you ready for a delicious Turkish Pide Bread Recipe? The literal translation of “tirnak pide” is actually “nail pide.” Turkish Pide Bread takes its name from the notches on it because the notches on it are made with fingers. Turkish Pide Bread has spiritual value as well as its flavor. Turkish Pide Bread is indispensable for the iftar tables (fast-breaking meal) of those who fast during the month of Ramadan. You will not be able to get enough of the taste of the Turkish Pide Bread, which you can serve with your meat dishes and kebab dishes. Just try it, and you will love love love!
TURKISH PIDE BREAD - TIRNAK PIDE
Ingredients for 2 pide breads:
- 2 1/2 cups warm water not hot
- Half a pack of fresh yeast or 1 pack of dry yeast about 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 - 5 1/2 cups flour 200ml classic water glass
For the top:
- 1 scrambled egg or a mixture of 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of molasses
- Black sesame sesame
- Put water, yeast, and sugar in a suitable bowl and mix until the yeast dissolves.
- Add salt and flour.
- Knead a dough that sticks slightly to the hand.
- At the last stage, you can gather the dough together by lubricating your hand with oil.
- Add 5 cups of flour and make a flexible dough as you can see in the video below. (The amount of dough may vary depending on the quality of your flour. If your flour is insufficient, try adding half a glass of flour gradually to achieve the desired consistency.)
- Cover the dough and ferment for 45 minutes.
- Divide the fermented dough in half.
- Open in an oval/round shape on a floured counter.
- Place it in a tray covered with grease-proof paper.
- Cover and ferment again for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your oven at 200 °C/392 °F.
- Spread yogurt and molasses mixture or scrambled whole eggs on the rising dough.
- Shape the edges and center with your fingertips as you can see in the video below. (Shape the pide dough after it rises in the tray, otherwise the shapes will be distorted while rising.)
- Sprinkle black cumin and sesame seeds on it and bake in a preheated 200 °C/392 °F oven until golden brown.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Turkish Pide Bread recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.