Add to Recipe Book
Hello Everyone! Today we will make a delicious red lentil soup with liaison. I know how much you liked the original Turkish red lentil soup recipe because you told me so : ) Moreover, I received a message from one of my followers that she was very happy to see this recipe. Because she said that there are not many recipes for red lentils abroad. Frankly, this surprised me a lot. Because I have to say that red lentils are indispensable in our cellars. Moreover, it is very useful for your health in terms of nutritional value. The recipe for the red lentil soup with liaison dates back to the Ottoman Palace Cuisine. “Cesmi Nigar” means “lover’s eye” in Turkish. Isn’t it romantic as well as delicious? If you wish, let’s not extend the word further and move on to our recipe. Just try it, and you will love love love!
RED LENTIL SOUP WITH LIAISON – CESMI NIGAR CORBASI
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 2 liters / 10 cups of water
- Enough salt
- For liaison:
- 1 glass of milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 egg yolks
- To serve:
- Dried mints
- Red pepper flakes
- For the Red Lentil Soup with Liaison, first, finely chop the onion and sauté it with oil until it turns pink.
- Then add flour and cook until the smell of flour disappears.
- Wash the red lentils well in a strainer and drain the water.
- Add 2 liters/ 10 cups of water and the red lentils you have washed and boil until the red lentils are cooked.
- At this stage, whisk all the ingredients for the liaison in a different bowl.
- Take your cooked soup from the stove and mix it with a hand blender. On the other hand, slowly add the liaison you have prepared for the soup.
- Put the soup on the stove again, adjust the salt, and cook by mixing until it boils.
- To prepare the sauce you will pour over while serving, melt the butter, pour the dried mints, and red pepper flakes into the melted butter.
What are the tips for making red lentil soup?
- You should roast the flour until the smell disappears, you should be careful not to burn it by stirring it constantly. When it turns slightly pink, you should add the water to the soup.
- You should add the liaison to the soup slowly.
- It is recommended to prepare the sauce you will pour on it, especially with butter.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Red Lentil Soup with Liaison recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.