Hello Everyone! I almost couldn’t share this beautiful Layered Ground Meat Pie recipe with you. Because translating the name of the recipe in English was really a challenge for me : ) Let me try to describe layered ground meat pie for you. Try to imagine such a wonderful meal consisting of multiple Turkish flatbread layers and there is insanely delicious ground meat sauce between the layers. Am I doing well? I don’t think so. Okay, I think it cannot be described but only experienced. So, let’s not wait any longer and move on to our recipe. Just try it, and you will love love love!
LAYERED GROUND MEAT PIE – KAYSERİ YAGLAMASI (SEBIT)
Try this delicious Turkish Food Recipe
For the dough:
- 4 cups of flour 1 cup is 200 ml.
- Dry yeast 10 g
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 cups of warm water
- For the ground meat mixture:
- 300 g 0,66 lb. ground beef
- 4 onions
- 3 green chili peppers
- 4 to matoes
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of hot water
For the top:
- 1 bowl of Greek yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic
To roll the dough:
- A bowl of flour
For Tomato Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
First, you need to prepare your dough.
Put milk, water, oil, sugar, yeast, and salt in a large bowl and mix.
Gradually add the flour and knead until you get a dough with a consistency of an earlobe.
Cover the dough you kneaded and let it rise for half an hour.
While the dough is fermenting, start preparing the filling.
Put the ground meat in the pan and cook until the ground meat is absorbed.
Add vegetable oil and sauté the ground meat until it changes color.
Chop your onions thoroughly with your food processor. Squeeze the juice of the chopped onions and add it to your ground meat.
Finely chop the green chili peppers and add them to the pan.
When it is well sautéed, add the tomato paste and spices.
Grate the tomatoes and add them to the pan.
Finally, add the hot water and cook your filling for 10 minutes.
You can adjust the salt and spice according to your taste. Using plenty of spices other than salt will make your meal more delicious.
Divide the fermented dough into 12 equal parts.
Flour each one and roll it as much as your serving plate.
Cook the Turkish flatbread in the pan. Put your first cooked flatbread on your serving plate.
After that, pour the filling on each baked flatbed and start layering the flatbread on top.
Do this until 12 flatbreads are finished.
Do not forget to put filling on top of your las flatbread.
To serve your finished product, cut it into 4 parts.
Serve by putting a spoonful of garlic yogurt and tomato paste sauce on each piece.
What are the tips to make the best layered ground meat pie?
- Your meal must be served hot and fresh, the flatbread that meets with ground meat mixture long before the service becomes very soft.
- To avoid this situation, you can prepare the flatbreads and the filling in advance, heat only the minced meat mixture before serving and bring it together with the flatbreads.
- Since the dough is leavened, it will ferment more quickly if you use water and milk in a warm temperature.
The ultimate tip to make Layered Ground Meat Pie:
- You really want to try this dish but don’t have enough time or confidence to make your flatbread from scratch? You can always use store-bought flour tortillas (or better if you can find lavash bread) instead of Turkish flatbreads. Just cook your ground meat filling and spread between your flour tortillas. Of course, it won’t be original, but it will almost be as tasty as the original.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Layered Ground Meat Pie recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.