Hello Everyone! Let me introduce you Gavurdagi Salad. I don’t know about you, but we as a society really like to eat salads. As such, the salad varieties created know no boundaries. Maybe you might think about how many kinds of salad can be produced from one tomato? But as time passes, you will see that the answer is: quite a lot. The name of the salad that I will share the recipe of today is Gavurdagi Salad. Gavurdagi is the name of a mountain between Adana and Gaziantep, in the southeast extension of the Taurus Mountains. I am sure that this delicious salad, which takes its name from a mountain in the Gaziantep region, will really appeal to your palate, especially with its sour sauce. This salad, which is very easy to make, will go especially well with your red meat dishes. Just try it, and you will love love love!
TURKISH NUTTY TOMATO SALAD – GAVURDAGI SALATASI
- 3 to matoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 3-4 sprigs of scallions
- 2 handfuls of chopped walnuts
- Olive oil
- Pomegranate Syrup
- Finely chop the tomatoes and green peppers. (brunoise)
- Finely chop the green onions and parsley.
- Chop the onion as small as possible and rub it with a little salt.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl, add the coarsely crushed walnuts (close to 1 cup), olive oil, and pomegranate syrup.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of sumac.
- Mix well and put on a serving plate.
- You can adjust the amount of olive oil and pomegranate syrup according to your own taste. (approximately 2-4 tablespoons.)
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Gavurdagi Salad recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.