Add to Recipe Book
It not hard to make the best lasagna recipe. Lasagna is one of the most popular foods in Italy. Many people from different regions of Italy like to make their own lasagna with a homemade version of this delicious lasagna recipe. There are several reasons why this dish is loved by so many people. First, the taste of this dish is far better than any other traditional Italian dish.
Lasagna is made from pasta, layers of sauce and cheese. These flavors meld into each other creating a delicious mix that can be used for making several different foods. This classic lasagna recipe usually consists of mushrooms, garlic, tomato paste, mozzarella cheese, and other flavors. There are many different types of pasta dough that can be used when cooking lasagna. You can make use of the tried-and-true tomato paste, the spinach variety or even try different cheeses.
One of the biggest reasons that people love this type of easy lasagna recipe is because it can be made so quickly. You can bake this dish in under an hour. Another reason why this recipe is so popular is because it is one of the best ways to get your kids involved in the kitchen. They can help to shape the ingredients into a pattern by rolling them into shapes.
Easy Lasagna Recipe
To make a traditional lasagna recipe you will need a base lasagna dough. You will also need tomato paste, meat, oil, butter, and salt. These ingredients will be combined with olive oil, food coloring if desired and then mixed. The mixture is then ready to form into one large dish.
When making a traditional tomato-based lasagna recipe you will need good cheese and tomato sauce. These ingredients will be combined and then beaten until they become smooth. Then the mixture is added to the dough and turned out onto a baking sheet. Baking the mixture should take approximately twenty minutes. If you do not have a baking sheet this can be done on a foil tray.
If you are looking for a good way to make the best lasagna recipe, you will find that the slow cooker can provide you with exactly what you need. A slow cooker allows you to make lasagna whenever you have some un-chopped vegetables around. The great thing about having a slow cooker is that you do not have to be in a rush or on a deadline to complete a lasagna recipe. It can be made whenever you have time.
If you are looking for a way to change up the traditional lasagna recipe you can add spices such as Rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, and chicken bouillon. This mixture can be seasoned with salt and pepper to create a delicious sausage mixture. This mixture can also be used as a stuffing for cornbread or a traditional turkey dish. This makes a delicious, low fat, and delicious lasagna that everyone will be raving about.
Best Lasagna Recipe
To make the sauce for your Lasagna you will need softened cream cheese, two tablespoons of tomato paste, one cup of chopped onions, three to four tablespoons of chopped garlic, and one tablespoon of dried basil. Combine all the ingredients and pour the cheese mixture over the cooked meat and onion mixture. Cover the lid of the slow cooker and allow the sauce to simmer on low for about two hours. Uncover the lid after thirty minutes and turn the slow cooker off.
To prepare the other ingredients for your Lasagna recipe, combine the following ingredients: two cups of low-fat sour cream, three to four cups of grated cheeses, one cup of chopped mushrooms, six to nine cups of tomato paste, one teaspoon of dried fennel seeds, and two teaspoons of dried thyme leaves. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for about three hours. Check for doneness with a thermometer. If the mixture is not hot enough, add water or milk. If it is too hot, add more cheese.
After the lengthy slow cooking process, remove the tortillas from the oven and shred the insides using a shredder. Once everything is shredded, add the cooked meats, vegetables, and herbs to the prepared sauce and cover the entire thing with the baking soda. Allow the sauce to sit for about five minutes. Check for doneness using a thermometer. Remove the foil pouch and put the filled pouch into your clean, dry lasagna pan. Pour the prepared sauce over the top of the pouch and smooth out any bubbles.
Your final step is to layer the filling into the pasta dough according to the recipe. The first layer of the filling should be made up of mixtures such as tomato paste, cheese, and salt. Then you should layer in the second layer ingredients such as the vegetable mixture, mushrooms, and tomato paste. The third and fourth layers can consist of your favorite flavors such as garlic oil, Rosemary, or chives. Finally, sprinkle some salt over the whole thing and place into your refrigerator. It will keep for up to a week, so you will not have to worry about a last-minute trip to the grocery store.
Traditional Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna Recipe – How to Make Traditional Lasagna Recipe
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- 6.5 ounce canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ¾ pound mozzarella cheese sliced
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a pan, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water.
- Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Cook, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, mixing occasionally.
- Bring a large container of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain noodles, and wash with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Heat Up oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To bring together, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles sideways over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Lasagna Recipe Nutrition
calories (per serving): 448 kcal| protein: 29.7g| carbohydrates: 36.5g| fat: 21.3g
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Lasagna recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.