Add to Recipe Book
As you may remember I shared stuffed grape leaves (hot meal) recipe before and I told you there is also a cold version of this meal. Today is the day to share cold stuffed grape leaves. Stuffed grape leaves with olive oil is a very light and fresh meal that you’ll crave for it almost every summer night. I know it may seem frustrating to fold that much leaves but once you get used to it you will see that it’s easy as a pie. Just try stuffed grape leaves with olive oil and you will love love love!
Stuffed Grape Leaves With Olive Oil
- 2 onion, (finely chopped)
- 1 cup baldo rice
- 1 full tsp. cinnamon
- 1 full tsp. black pepper
- 1 full tsp. sugar
- Half a bunch parsley, (finely chopped)
- 3-4 spring fresh mint, (finely chopped)
- 1 full tsp. dried mint
- 2 full tbsp. blackcurrant
- 2 full tbsp. pine nut
- 1 large tomato, (grated)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add your 2 finely chopped onions, 1/4 cup olive oil in a medium pan and sauté your onion until it become soft and changes its colour.
- Add your 1 grated large tomato to sautéd onion and stir a little.
- Wash and drain your 1 cup baldo rice. Add it to your pan and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add your 1 full tsp. cinnamon, 1 full tsp. black pepper, 1 full tsp. sugar, salt, 1 full tsp. dried mint, 2 full tbsp. blackcurrant, 2 full tbsp. pine nut in your mixture, stir until the mixture combines and take your pan from the heat.
- Add your finely chopped half a bunch parsley, finely chopped fresh mint to your stuffing and stir a little until it combines.
- Put 1 full tsp. stuffing in the middle of your grape leave. First fold the sides inside and then roll it. You may see the foilding at below video.
- Cover the base of a medium pot with unused grape leaves and align your folded leaves in it.
- When all the grape leaves are over cover the top of the pot with unused grape leaves and pour 1/4 cup of olive oil around.
- Add water until the level of the water passes grape leaves place a plate on your grape leaves and start cooking at low heat.
- It takes about 45-60 minutes until stuffed grape leaves with olive oil to cook. Check it occasionally and add some water if it’s run out.
- Serve your stuffed grape leaves with olive oil cold. You can serve it with yogurt and some lemons.
What do you think about that? Have you tried stuffed grape leaves with olive oil recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me from here.