Add to Recipe Book
Are you prepared to make the best breakfast ever? Kuymak a.k.a. Mihlama is one of the signature dishes of Black sea Region and I can say that it comes from heaven. It is a very easy recipe to make with only few ingredients. And you can trust that it’s so delicious because it has lots of cheese, lots of butter therefore lots of calories in it. Just try Kuymak a.k.a. Mihlama and you will love love love!
Kuymak A.K.A. Mihlama
- 2 full tbsp. butter
- 2 full tbsp. corn flour
- 1 cup (200 ml.) hot water
- 1/2 cup (100 ml.) milk
- 200 gr. 7 oz. cheddar or any good melting cheese (sliced in cubes)
- Kuymak a.k.a. Mihlama is normally cooked with copper pan with a low heat but if you don’t own one you can also use a normal pan.
- Melt your 2 full tbsp. butter in your pan. Heat your butter well but try not to burn it.
- Add your 2 full tbsp. corn flour to your pan and sauté for about 5-8 minutes at medium heat until it changes its colour and starts to make bubbles.
- Pour your 1 cup (200 ml.) hot water, 1/2 cup (100 ml.) milk to your pan and stir the mixture about 3-5 minutes until it gets a thick consistency.
- Finally add your sliced in cubes 200 gr. (7 oz.) cheddar or any good melting cheese and stir until it melts completely.
- Take your stove to low heat and wait until the butter comes to the surface.
- Your Kuymak a.k.a. Mihlama is ready. Serve and consume it hot.
What do you think about that? Have you tried Kuymak a.k.a. Mihlama recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me from here.