Add to Recipe Book
They say that Ezogelin Soup comes from a very sad story. Ezogelin (Ezo-the-bride) was a women with a legendary beautifulness and survived some tragic events. They say that Ezo-the-bride was as skillful as she was beatiful and she invented Ezogelin Soup when she was pour. Therefore Ezogelin Soup is a very delicious and fulfilling soup. Also it’s very popular all around the world. Just try the real Turkish recipe of this soup and you will love love love!
- 1 cup (200 ml.) red lentil
- 1/3 cup fine bulgur
- 3 full tbsp. rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Dry mint
- Ground red pepper
- Black pepper
- 1 meat bouillon or meat stock optional
- Add your 2 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a medium pot.
- Add your 1 finely chopped medium onion, 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic in your pot and sautée until it changes its colour.
- Wash and drain your 1 cup red lentil, 1/3 cup fine bulgur, 3 full tbsp. rice, add to your pot and sautée for about 5 minutes.
- Pour 5 cups of water (1 liter), 1 meat bouillon or meat stock (optional) to your pot, cover the lid and let it cook for about 20-30 minutes. Take your pot from the heat when the legumes soften.
- Take a saucepan. Heat your leftover 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, add your 1 tbsp. all purpose flour and sautée until it changes it’s colour.
- Add 2 tbsp. tomato paste to your saucepan and sautée a little more. Pour 1 cup (200 ml.) water to your saucepan and wait until the sauce boils.
- Add your dry mint, ground red pepper, black pepper to your sauce and pour your sauce into your legumes pot.
- Stir constantly for about 5 minutes while boiling the mixture, add your salt and your Ezogelin Soup is ready to serve.
- You can serve your Ezogelin Soup with some lemons.
What do you think about that? Have you tried Ezogelin Soup recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me from here.