Add to Recipe Book
Let’s stay healthy today and cook us a pretty quick dish. I think cauliflower is a very delicious vegetable if you can cook it right. Also I’m sure you would agree with me everything is better with béchamel sauce! This is just a 3 ingredient dish if you would buy your béchamel sauce from store. Just try cauliflower with béchamel sauce and you will love love love!
CAULIFLOWER WITH BECHAMEL SAUCE
- 1 cauliflower
- 1/2 cup milk
For béchamel sauce:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Black Pepper
For the Top:
- Kashkaval cheese
- Core and wash your cauliflower.
- Take your cauliflower in a medium pot, pour around 1/2 cup milk on it then cover it with water and boil around 20-25 minutes. Your cauliflower doesn’t need to be very soft at this point because you will also bake it later.
- Make your béchamel sauce while boiling your cauliflower. (or you can buy it from the store) Take a medium saucepan and sauté your 2 tbsp. butter and 2 tbsp. all purpose flour until the flour starts to change its colour and loose its scent. Put a couple tablespoon of your milk to your flour and stir until it gets smooth and then add the rest of your milk and stir quickly to prevent lumps. Take it from the heat, add salt, black pepper, nutmeg and stir.
- Heat your oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Oil a glass baking dish. Align your strained cauliflower into your baking dish. Pour your béchamel sauce all around the cauliflowers.
- Cover the top with grated kashkaval cheese and bake your cauliflower with béchamel sauce until cheese fries.