Add to Recipe Book
Quince dessert is a Turkish dessert with syrup made from bread quince. Quince is a fruit known mostly for its jam, as well as for its dessert. To prepare quince dessertand turn the after-dinner dessert pleasure into a feast; A few products are enough to increase the aroma of the quince.
If you liked the pumpkin dessert recipe, I’m sure you will love the quince dessert recipe. Moreover, when Turkish clotted cream and quince jam come together, it offers a unique taste experience. Those who do not like the quince itself and its jam, be ready; I know you will love this dessert!
Quince Dessert Recipe
Quince Dessert - Best Turkish Authentic Ayva Tatlisi Recipe
- 3 quinces
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar for each
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10-12 cloves
- 1/2 cup water
In order not to darken the quinces during the preparation phase:
- 1 lemon
- 1 liter of water
- Turkish clotted cream
- Grated Pistachio
- To prepare a quince dessert, first fill a deep bowl with water and squeeze the lemon into it.
- Cut the quince in half, remove the part with the seeds and peel the quince.
- At this stage, collect the quince seeds you extract in a separate place, and you will use them to color your dessert during cooking.
- Soak the quinces you have prepared in lemon water, this is important so that the quinces do not darken.
- After doing the same for all quinces, place them in your cooking container so that the middle parts of the quinces remain on top.
- Add your cinnamon stick, cloves and all of the quince seeds to the pot.
- Pour a quarter cup of granulated sugar over each of the quinces.
- After adding the water to the pot, close the lid of the pot and cook on medium heat until the water boils, and after boiling, cook for 1-1.5 hours in your small stove on low heat.
- You can take the quince from the stove after getting its color and softening.
- Put the desserts in your serving bowl and let it cool for 3-4 hours.
- While serving, do not forget to pour the remaining sherbet over the quinces.
- You can serve it by decorating it with Turkish clotted cream and pistachios.
Quince Dessert Tips & Tricks
-When making quince dessert, be careful not to choose soft quince. When the quince is slightly softened, its color and consistency may not be the color you want.
-The most delicious quince dessert is when you use quince which is juicy, slightly firm and has a vibrant yellow outside. For this reason, you can start making dessert by choosing these types of quinces that are not rotten.
-Peel your quince with a peel or knife and soak in lemon water. In this way, its color does not darken.
After peeling all your quinces, cut them in half and remove the seeds inside. Gently slice the seeds with a knife. This process makes it easier to reveal the core of the core. Thus, their colors will also be magnificent.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What is quince dessert?
A: Quince dessert is a very delicious dessert made with quince bread.
Q: How to make quince dessert?
A: When you follow the recipe and tips carefully, you will find out that it is very easy to make this dessert.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Quince Dessert recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.