Add to Recipe Book
Alinazik kebab is a very famous Turkish dish made with meat and roasted eggplant puree with yogurt. The origin of the alinazik kebab goes back to Gaziantep. But in Turkey, at least once a month, it will pop up in almost every dinner table.
Alinazik Kebab is usually made with cubed meat. I will give you veal as it is a common type of meat. But you can also use lamb if you like it. If you want, you can even cook this delicious main dish with ground beef.
Alinazik Kebab Recipe
Meat Stew Over Roasted Eggplant Puree – Turkish Alinazik Kebab
For the eggplant puree:
- 400 grams of Greek yogurt
- 3-4 eggplants
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
For Meat stew:
- 500 grams of beef cubed
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt pepper, chili, thyme
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Roast the eggplants and clean the skin.
- Finely chop.
- After it cools down, mix it well with the crushed garlic and Greek yogurt.
- Add the salt.
- On the other hand, wash the meat and drain the water.
- Take it into the pan and wait for it to absorb the water left by the meats on low heat with the lid of the pan closed.
- Then add the butter.
- Add the spices and tomato paste, except salt.
- Make sure to add hot water. It won't be too watery, we'll just have a thick sauce.
- If the cooking time of the meats is prolonged, you can check frequently and add a little bit of hot water if necessary so that the pan does not hold the bottom.
- Finally, add salt to cooked meats and remove from heat.
- First, put the eggplant puree and then the meat on the serving plate.
Alinazik Kebab Tips & Tricks
-After roasting, put the eggplants in a bowl while they are hot and close the lid of the container. In this way, you can peel the shells more easily.
-If you are going to use a different meat instead of ground beef, cook slowly over low heat.
-When adding meat to eggplant yogurt, make sure it is warm. Meat that is too hot will spoil the taste of yogurt and cause it to become watery.
-When your meal is ready, adding a piece of butter on it will increase its flavor.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What is Alinazik Kebab?
A: Alinazik Kebab is a very delicious Turkish Meal made with meat and roasted eggplant puree with yogurt dressing.
Q: How to make Alinazik Kebab?
A: When you follow the recipe and tips carefully, you will find out that it is very easy to make this dish.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Alinazik Kebab recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.