Add to Recipe Book
Turkish delight is one of the most important dishes integrated with Turkey. Turkish delight is a Turkish dessert made using water, sugar and starch. Turkish delight, which ranks first among the products of Turkish dessert culture, was first produced in Anatolia and then spread to the lands of the Ottoman Empire and the world.
Turkish delight, which is among the indispensable items of the holidays as it is served with coffee, comes from the words “rahatül hulkum” and “lukme” meaning throat relief. Don’t worry. Today I will give you a very easy Turkish delight recipe. In this way, you will be able to reach it in the comfort of your home whenever you want.
Turkish Delight Recipe
Turkish Delight – The Best Turkish Delight Recipe – Limonlu Lokum
- 1 cup of water with 200ml glass
- 2 glasses of granulated sugar with 200ml glass
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of starch
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric for coloring
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- Lemon salt with the tip of the teaspoon
- First, take the lemon juice, turmeric, lemon salt and starch in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Add 1 glass of water, sugar and lemon zest to your pot. Stir in the large chamber of the stove until it boils over medium heat.
- When the water starts to boil scalding, add the starchy mixture that you have prepared on it and continue to mix quickly.
- When it boils and starts to boil, continue to cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring continuously.
- You have to cook it for a long time to make the Turkish delight that stretches and grows like ready-made Turkish delight.
- After 25 minutes, roll out a piece of wax paper on the counter. Sprinkle a few drops of oil on it and pour the delight you have prepared on the oily paper.
- Close the greaseproof paper to cover all sides of the delight. Let it sit like this until it reaches room temperature and cools down well.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of starch on the breadboard and leave the cooled Turkish delight on the starch and smear all sides with starch.
- Slice it with a knife or kitchen scissors as you like and after you have plenty of starch, put it on a serving platter.
Turkish Delight Tips & Tricks
– Take care to cook for a long time to get a nice consistency of your Turkish delight.
– When you let the Turkish delight cool, be sure to cover it with greaseproof paper in an airtight manner.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What is Turkish Delight?
A: Turkish Delight is a delicious dessert integrated with Turkey.
Q: How to make Turkish Delight?
A: You can use the above recipe to make the most delicious Turkish delight.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Turkish Delight recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.