Add to Recipe Book
I must admit that I can’t imagine living in a world without Turkish buns. You can find Turkish buns with various stuffing everywhere in Turkey. It’s the best breakfast with tea, a good snack to go and a perfect way to entertain your guest. Today we are going to make Turkish Easy Cheese Buns with a delicious cheese filling. It’s easy because it’s without yeast version and it will only take your 45 minutes. I’ll also share bakery style Turkish Cheese Buns later. Just try it and you will love love love!
Turkish Easy Cheese Buns
For the dough:
- 1 package (250 gr. / 0,5 lb.) butter (room temperature)
- 100 ml. (10 cl / 1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (5 gr. / 1 tbsp. baking powder)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- All purpose flour (approx. 3-4 cups)
For cheese filling:
- 250 gr. (0,5 lb.) feta cheese
- 4-5 spring parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
For the top:
- Sesame seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Take your 2 eggs, 1 tsp. Sugar, 1 tsp. Salt in a large container and beat it well with a whisk or fork.
- Add your 1 package (250 gr. / 0,5 lb.) at room temperature butter, 100 ml. (10 cl / 1/2 cup) vegetable oil, 1/2 cup yogurt to the egg mixture and knead until the butter combines.
- Add 2-3 cup all purpose flour, 1 package (5 gr. / 1 tbsp.) baking powder to your container and start to knead.
- Your dough should not stick to your hand but it also should be a soft dough. Knead your dough until that consistency by adding more flour if necessary.
- Rest your dough for about 20 minutes.
The cheese filling:
- Prepare your cheese filling while resting your dough.
- Crush your 250 gr. (0,5 lb.) feta cheese in a bowl.
- Add your 4-5 spring finely chopped parsley, 1 egg yolk and stir very well until it combines.
- Heat your oven to 200°C (392°F)
- Take big walnut size of a piece from your dough.
- First roll it like a ball, then push with your hand a make a circle at the size of your palm.
- Put 1 / 1,5 tbsp. Cheese filling in the middle, fold one side to another and push the sides very well until it combines. (you can see the details in below video)
- Align all your Turkish cheese buns to your baking tray.
- Spread egg yolk on top of your buns, garnish them with sesame seeds and black sesame seeds.
- Bake your Turkish cheese buns until it turns golden brown about 20-25 minutes.
What do you think about that? Have you tried Turkish Easy Cheese Buns recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me from here.