Add to Recipe Book
Are you ready to make some “Turkish Meze” (appetizers)? It may have been called “Circassian Chicken” but it is a really famous cold appetizer in Turkey and it’s absolutely delicious. Just try circassian chicken and you will love love love!
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth, cold
- 5 slices bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 cup walnut, crushed
- Black pepper
- Ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Boil your 2 chicken breasts with 2 cups of water until cooked. Take it from the water and let it cool down.
- Normally you should peel your cold chickens string by string but you may as well use your food processor to chop the chickens.
- Take your 1 cup chicken broth, 5 slices of bread crumbs and 3 cloves of grated garlic in a small saucepan and cook until it thickens. Add your 1 cup crushed walnut to the mixture, stir and take it from the heat. Let your mixture also cool down.
- Take your chopped chicken and mixture in a bowl. Add your salt, black pepper, ground red pepper, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin and stir very well until fully combined.
- Make your oil sauce before serving. Heat your 6 tbsp. olive oil in a pan, add your red pepper flakes and stir about 1 minute. Pour your oil mixture on your plated circassian chicken.