Add to Recipe Book
Gozleme is one of the most famous Turkish food worldwide. We can describe gozleme as some Turkish pastry cooked on plat stoves with delicious fillings. This delicious dish is usually prepared by filling the thinly rolled dough with various ingredients and then cooking it on a metal sheet over a wood fire.
In Turkey, especially in the holiday regions, there are separated custom fields of cooking gozleme. In these particular areas, Turkish chefs or experienced gozleme cooks prepare this dish all day. Do not underestimate the Turkish gozleme. Whenever you pass these areas, you can see that there is a queue in front of it. Moreover, you can consume your gozleme as sweet or salty if you want because there are many kinds of gozleme, from honey and tahini filling to cheese filling.
Today I’ll teach you to make gozleme with spinach. Because you know very well spinach goes excellent with pastry!
Gozleme With Spinach Recipe
GOZLEME RECIPE – GOZLEME WITH SPINACH – TURKISH GOZLEME
For the dough:
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of dry yeast
- 4-5 cups flour gradually add to the dough, increase if necessary
For the filling:
- 1/2 kg. spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Salt and spices
- Melt the yeast in warm water. Then add flour and salt to this mixture and knead a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and wait for the yeast to rise.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling of the gozleme.
- Put the oil in a pan and fry the chopped onions until they turn pink.
- Add tomato paste, salt, and spices and mix.
- Finally, add the pre-boiled spinach and fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Tear egg-sized pieces from the dough and roll them in your hands.
- Roll out the pieces in a thin circle using a rolling pin.
- Put the filling material you prepared on one side of the dough you opened and close it in a D shape.
- In a large pan, turn the gozleme to cook (do not add oil to the pan).
- After it is cooked, if you wish, grease it with butter. In this way, your pancake will be soft.
- Do the same for all dough pieces.
Gozleme Tips & Tricks
– It is recommended to use a sheet pan for cooking the gozleme deliciously. If you do not have sheet metal, you should definitely use a Teflon pan instead.
– Take care to let the dough rest for at least half an hour.
– The dough should be soft, not hard.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: How to make gozleme without yeast?
A: You can also make this recipe without yeast, but your dough will be a little harder and can be a challenge to roll it.
Q: How to make turkish gozleme?
A: To make a delicious gozleme check our above recipe.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Gozleme with Spinach recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.