Add to Recipe Book
If I have to translate Ground beef kombe I would say fermented dough savory pastry with ground beef and potato mixture but as you can see it doesn’t make a good title : ) Also I’m not feeling comfortable to translate Ground beef kombe because it’s a very unique dish and it deserves to mentioned by its own name. It’s an easy and very delicious recipe. Just try it and you will love love love!
Ground Beef Kombe
For the dough:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1 package baking powder
- 1 full tsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 egg, separate the yolk and white
- 3-4 cup all purpose flour
For the stuffing:
- 250 gr. (0,5 lb.) ground beef
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 big potato, grated
- 2 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Black pepper
- Ground red pepper
- Add your 1 cup warm water, 1 cup warm milk, 1 package instant yeast, 1 package baking powder, 1 full tsp. Sugar in a container and mix them well together.
- Add your 1 cup vegetable oil, 1 egg white and mix it again.
- Start adding your flour slowly and start kneading. Add flour until you get a soft sticky dough.
- Cover your dough and let it rest for about 20-25 minutes until you prepare your stuffing.
- Heat your 1 tbsp. Vegetable oil in a pan.
- Add your 2 tbsp. Tomato paste and sauté a little.
- Add you 1 big finely chopped onion and sauté until it gets soft.
- Add your 250 gr. (0,5 lb.) ground beef, 1 big grated potato and sauté until it changes its colour.
- Season your stuffing with black pepper, salt, ground red pepper, cumin as you wish.
- Cut your dough into two equal pieces.
- Butter your big size glass baking dish.
- Heat your oven to 150°C (302°F)
- Spread your first piece of dough to your baking dish.
- Spread your ground beef stuffing on your dough.
- Roll out your second piece of dough on your counter and put the second piece on your stuffing.
- Spread your egg yolk with a brush on your ground beef kombe, and season it with sesame seeds, black sesame seeds or poppy seeds if you want.
- Bake your ground beef kombe for about 25-35 minutes until your dough cooks.
What do you think about that? Have you tried ground beef kombe recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me from here.