Add to Recipe Book
Turkish Kilis Kebab is an enormous delicious dish. And today we are going to make Turkish Kilis Kebab. You can imagine Kilis Kebab as a giant ground meat kebab on a tray with a delicious tomato paste sauce and vegetables.
Turkish Kilis Kebab gets its name from Kilis. Kilis is a city located in the Southeastern Anatolia Region of Turkey. Normally, the feature of this recipe is that it is made with meat chopped with a meat cleaver, but of course, we will use ground beef to make it easy for you. Kilis kebab recipe will be one of your favorite guest meals with its taste, practicality, and fine dining appearance.
Turkish Kilis Kebab Recipe
TURKISH KILIS KEBAB – KILIS TAVA
- 500 grams of medium-fat ground beef
- 2 eggplants or 2 potatoes
- 5 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 2 to matoes
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 full dessert spoon tomato paste
- 1 full teaspoon of pepper paste
- 1/2 tea glass of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cut 1 red pepper and 3 green peppers into very tiny pieces.
- Finely chop the onion, finely chop the parsley, crush the garlic.
- Throw away the seeded part of the tomato and chop only the flesh.
- Put the minced meat in a deep bowl. First, just add the spices and knead for 5-6 minutes.
- Then add all the vegetables you chopped and tomato paste and knead for another 5 minutes.
- Stretch the kneaded ground beef and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C/356 °F.
- Meanwhile, peel the eggplants (or potatoes) and slice them into thin and long slices. Grease the bottom of a tray and line the sliced eggplants on it. Sprinkle light salt on the eggplants.
- Spread the rested ground beef evenly over the eggplants.
- Garnish with peppers and tomatoes over the ground beef.
- Finally, pour 1 teaspoon of tomato paste and 1/2 cup of hot water over the dish and cook for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
Turkish Kilis Kebab Tips & Tricks
– If you have the opportunity try to cook the recipe with meat chopped with a meat cleaver. You will see the difference.
– When following the recipe, instead of eggplant, you can also line potatoes cut into thin circles on the tray.
– If you grease your tray with a little tomato paste and olive oil before lining the eggplants on your cooking tray, your food will be more delicious.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: How to make Turkish Kilis Kebab?
A: If you are looking for a delicious Turkish style Kilis kebab recipe, you are in the right place. Check our recipe and prepare to cook some good dish.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Turkish Kilis Kebab recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.