Add to Recipe Book
Meaty flatbread is one of the most famous dishes of Konya, where is also the birthplace of Mevlana. I know you might not believe what you’ve heard, but the history of meaty flatbread goes back eight hundred years. It is said that the first meaty flatbread was cooked in 1200.
Don’t worry, cooking meaty flatbread at home is not as difficult as you might think. Even in Turkey, many people do not dare to cook this dish. But by starting with a simple pide dough, you will see that we will easily handle this recipe.
Turkish Meaty Flatbread Recipe
Turkish Meaty Flatbread – A Fantastic Bread Recipe Like a Pide
For Meaty Flatbread Dough:
- 500 g flour
- Warm water
- 1 pack of fresh yeast 42 g
Meaty Flatbread Stuffing:
- 250 g ground beef
- 3 to matoes
- 3 onions
- 3-4 green peppers
- Liquid oil
- Salt pepper, red pepper
- Dissolve the fresh yeast in a little warm water and add the flour. Add water according to its consistency.
- The dough will be like a bread dough (neither hard nor soft)
- Leave the dough to rest for 30-40 minutes.
- Add the small sliced onion, tomato and pepper to the minced meat and knead.
- Pour 1/4 cup oil (the mixture will be soft, not like meatballs).
- Add the spices and mix.
- Roll the dough into small circles and roll out as thin as a whole tray or as a lasagna if you wish.
- Spread the inner filling you prepared on it.
- Bake until golden brown at 220 °C degrees.
- Serve by decorating with parsley.
Turkish Meaty Flatbread Tips & Tricks
– Pide dough must be well rested and leavened.
– You should open the pide dough very thinly.
– Unlike other pitas, the edges are left unfolded before cooking.
– To make the meaty flatbread soft, you can cover them with a thin and clean cloth.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What is Turkish Meaty Flatbread?
A: Turkish Meaty Flatbread is a very delicious flatbread made with a fantastic meat filling. It’s a very different kind of a Turkish Pide.
Q: How to make Turkish Meaty Flatbread?
A: When you follow the recipe and tips carefully, you will find out that it is very easy to make this dish.
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Turkish Meaty Flatbread recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another Turkish food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.