Add to Recipe Book
Who is up for the best sugar cookie recipe? Sugar Cookies is probably one of the most popular cookies in the whole world. Since sugar cookie recipes never go out of flavor or out of season, they always have that special flavor whenever you bake them! These delectable cookies are very easy to make and usually consist of flour, butter, sugar, and yeast or baking powder. Sometimes you may also add vanilla or other flavors, but most people stick with the basic ingredients. These sugar cookie recipes can be used in so many ways, it’s really up to you and which way you want to go with your sugar cookie recipe.
You can use traditional cookie cutters for this type of recipe, or you can make a few different shapes by using different sized sugar cookie cutters. It is up to you and the look you are going for with your sugar cookie recipe. There are so many different sugar cookie recipes on the market today that you really cannot choose which one you like best. You can find pretty much any flavor you want, just be sure to try to stay away from artificial flavors and colors when making sugar cookie recipes. It is not too difficult to make sugar cookie frosting, but it does take a little practice.
To get started on your easy sugar cookie recipe, all you need is a mixing bowl set, a small plastic zip lock bag, and your sugar cookie recipe and your favorite toppings. Take about 1 tablespoon of each to start off your recipe. You will also need about half a cup of water for your homemade sugar cookie recipe. Next, you will need to mix your wet ingredients together. Mix your dry ingredients together.
Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
Once your wet ingredients are mixed, it is time to mix your wet ingredients together until they are completely combined. This will help your sugar cookie recipe to come out perfect every time. Your homemade sugar cookie bouquets will look gorgeous when they are done baking. It will be a sight to behold.
Once your best sugar cookie recipe is finished, you can decorate your cookies and frost them however you wish. You can use a single color if you want a bold statement, or you can go with multiple shades if you would like to have a beautiful array of sugar cookies with sugar cookie recipe toppings. There are so many different toppings that you can try, and if you love candy, there are some that you can buy in a store and have put together yourself. A great idea is to have a simple Halloween themed frosting put together with some edible orange and black gum drops.
Now, for the easiest part of all: how to make the best sugar cookies. You will need a rolling ball, a tablespoon of butter and about two cups of all-purpose flour. Also you will use a mixer that can run on a flat surface. You will be mixing your dough until it is very light and smooth.
Best Sugar Cookie Recipe
Once you have your dough prepared, you will have to cook the ingredients for your sugar cookie recipe. This includes combining the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a saucepan over low heat. Stir the mixture and allow the mixture to boil. Once the mixture begins to boil, it will start to break down as it begins to expand.
This is what you want. The mixture will begin to break down, and then your sugar cookies will take shape. When they have broken down and cooled, you can then add your desired sugar cookie recipe syrup and mix thoroughly. Mix well, and then fold in your dry ingredients and then pour hot mixture and you are ready to bake away!
Sugar Cookie Icing Recipe
For a fun and easy dessert decorating idea, try using red, white and blueberries to make sugar cookie icing. All you need to do is to melt the berry pieces and mix them with some vanilla or lemon juice. Then, dip your fingers in a warm mixture of butter and flour and then hold them over the flattened-out berry piece until it dries. Now you can decorate your cookies in any way you please by placing in different sizes of icing (red for autumn leaves, blue for snowmen and white for Christmas cookies). You can even decorate these sugar cookies with chocolate chips, candy gum drops, or covered in sugar syrup. Just remember to only pipe icing on top and not to try to cover the whole thing.
These sugar cookie icing recipes are very versatile and you will find that once you have mastered this recipe you will want to try a few other variations. Another great thing about this recipe is you can change the colors to whatever suits your fancy and still have a beautiful, finished product. Some people even use a food color recipe kit instead of mixing all the hardeners together in order to get different colored sugar cookies. However, be sure to run the hot water through your mixer or your ingredients will dry out and you will end up with an unattractive crunch.
Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe
Best Sugar Cookie Recipe with Sugar Cookie Icing Recipe
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 or ½ optional
- Stir the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using a mixer mounted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on high speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and almond extract (optional) and beat on high speed until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Dough will be relatively soft. If the dough seems too soft and sticky for rolling, add 1 more Tablespoon of flour.
- Split the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Place each portion onto a piece of lightly floured parchment paper.
- With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 1/4-inch width. Use more flour if the dough seems too sticky.
- The rolled-out dough can be any shape, if it is evenly 1/4-inch thick.
- Lightly dust one of the rolled-out doughs with flour. Place a piece of parchment on top. Place the 2nd rolled-out dough on top. Cover with plastic wrap, then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Line 2-3 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Gently remove the top dough piece from the refrigerator.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into shapes. Re-roll the remaining dough and continue cutting until all is used. Repeat with 2nd piece of dough.
- Put together cookies on baking sheets 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- Decorate the cooled cookies with royal icing or glaze icing.
Sugar Cookie Recipe Nutrition
Calories (1 cookie 3” dia): 66.1 kCal | Carbs: 8.4 g | Protein: 0.8 g | Fat: 3.3 g
What do you think about that? Have you tried the Sugar Cookie recipe yet? Please comment and share your experience. Or are you craving for another food that you want its recipe from me? You can always contact me here.